Re: [Hampshire] OT: broadband router with DNS....

Author: cjl
To: hampshire
New-Topics: [Hampshire] Open-WRT (was OT: broadband router with DNS....)
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OT: broadband router with DNS....
Quoting Andy Random <andy.random@???>:

> On Thu, 22 Nov 2012, cjl@??? wrote:
> I'd be interested to know what you bought and from where, and whether
> you are happy with it once it arrives.
>
> My Wifi router is old and originally cheap and is becoming
> increasingly flaky.
>
> So I'd like to replace it before it dies completely and bassed on this
> thread sounds like DD-WRT is the best way for me to go.

I've ordered a Netgear WNDR3800. Netgears have always served me well,
I wanted a dual band/dual radio unit, with good memory and flash
capacities, with support from DD-WRT, and the WNDR3800 seemed to fit
the bill.

Typically, they tried to deliver it during the half hour that I was
out the house on Friday morning, so it should be here Monday. I may
not have time to mess with it until next weekend, though.

I'll update the list when I've had a chance to play with it.

Chris