Re: [Hampshire] Wiki broken?

Author: Alan Bell
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Wiki broken?
On 05/11/12 15:46, Chris Dennis wrote:

> Yes. Adam had to shut down most access to the wiki because of all the
> spam. And my very brief reading of the MoinMoin documentation
> suggests that the system wasn't designed to be secure: it's open to
> either everyone or no-one (except for 'superusers'). If I'm wrong
> about that, please let me know.

you can actually do quite a lot of access control stuff with moin
http://hants.lug.org.uk/wiki/HelpOnAccessControlLists
check out the various examples of ways you can configure a site for
different scenarios, basically you end up creating pages with bulleted
lists of people to make groups:
http://hants.lug.org.uk/wiki/HelpOnGroups
like this one but you can create more
http://hants.lug.org.uk/wiki/AdminGroup
then use the group names (that is their wiki page names) in ACLs

> Meanwhile I've started work on a WordPress version of the HantsLUG
> site at hants.lug.org.uk/wp. I can set up accounts for people who
> want to contribute to that. More details later...

yeah, Wordpress works great too

--
The Open Learning Centre is rebranding, find out about our new name and look at http://libertus.co.uk