Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu 12.04 Server Issue [SOLVED]

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu 12.04 Server Issue [SOLVED]
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick line to tidy this up.

First though, thanks to everyone who replied with suggestions.

It was following up on these that led me to a workaround, if not a
solution as such.

Working on the basis that the GRUB install might have defaulted to the
wrong drive I decided to have another go at 12.04 and see what options
were on offer at that stage.

As it happens there were none other than the default on offer, so I
clicked on through expecting to encounter the same issue post-install
and was surprised when it didn't occur. I have absolutely no idea why,
but on the third attempt it worked. The only thing that comes to mind is
that I elected to manually partition it this time rather than picking an
off-the-peg solution, so maybe that had some bearing on it.

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk