Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Chairman's intro and November meetin…

Author: Imran Chaudhry
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Chairman's intro and November meeting
> I think it is important to remember that everyone can participate in the
> LUG
> to some degree (in fact, to whatever degree they wish) and I will be
> making as
> many of the new iniatives open to everyone as possible. I would
> particularly
> like to encourage people to give talks at our monthly meetings. Talks don't
> have to be long, they can be about anything linux or FOSS related, you can
> even do a talk to demonstrate a problem and ask for help. If you are
> willing
> to give a talk, just let me know and I'll make sure you get to give your
> talk.

Hi Tim,

I'm highlighting the paragraph above because I have been thinking about
that for a while. I also was going to suggest "lightning talk" style
format. For me, these talks make the LUG meetings more engaging and become
a talking point for further discussion.

I will try and "put my money where my mouth" is and whip up something for
November. I sadly could not attend the AGM for family reasons and felt bad
about it.

All the best for your term in office Mr Chairman!

Imran

--
GPG Key fingerprint = B323 477E F6AB 4181 9C65 F637 BC5F 7FCC 9CC9 CC7F
http://about.me/imranchaudhry