Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Unity

Author: Gordon Scott
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Unity
My struggle with Unity continues :-/

Can anyone tell me how to get a samba drive on my server mounted on my
new PC with Unity, such that I can write to it and so it mounts
automatically? Searches in the Dash for Samba, smb, map, mount, drive,
window, even nfs all come up with usually nothing, occasionally nothing
useful.

I can browse and mount via the home folder, but the mount is always
not-writeable and it always disappears at logout or shutdown. I can do
it from Gnome-fallback, so the tools are there.

I think I've asked before, but can't find a useful answer .. is it
feasible to get the menus from the top-bat back onto the individual
windows? Maybe when I get to the point of doing real work I'll adapt to
the Alt-Menu operation, but presently that seems very unreliable and
whilst I'm trying to set things up, I'm mostly using the mouse.
Sometimes it's a long, long, way from window to the far top-left and back.

How can I get to some different themes? The default four is all I can
presently find and I really want something that shows better where the
focus is, and ideally that puts the minimise/normal/maximise/exit button
row top right, rather than top-left. Again I search on Dash and Ubuntu
Software Centre, but can find nothing appropriate.

Thanks,
               Gordon.