Re: [Hampshire] PC won't boot

Author: Tim
To: Petyr B, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] PC won't boot
On 01/10/12 11:40, Petyr B wrote:
> Just an idea. Flush your dns. Have found it can help with network issues
>

> Sent from Samsung Mobile

Hi Peter, thanks for the suggestion, I had forgotten I had posted this
on here (also posted on Dorset where I had a couple of replies) but the
problems seems to be related to dhcp. On my PC (Debian Mint) I edited
the /etc/network/interfaces file to move the network card from dhcp to
static and my pc was able to boot up properly. As I was busy with other
stuff I did not check the PC at the time but when I looked later it
seems that the PC dropped eth0 and made a eth1 and is now running with
DHCP from that yet my interfaces file does not list a eth1 so I am not
really sure what is going on.

The other PC (debian) I just cracked on and got the replacement up and
running.

Tim