[Hampshire] PC won't boot

Author: Tim
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] PC won't boot

I have had a power cut at home (toaster went bang), when the power came
back on two of my PC's refuse to boot up all the way, they both go
through the boot process and get as far as configuring network interface
and then freezes. I have booted from a live dvd and the network side of
thing is working, I can ping other PC on my network and I can see the
world out side so it is not a hardware issue. I have cleared and dhcp
lease's (both PC's get there IP via DHCP) on the router which has made
no difference.

I am now at a loss as what to do and would appreciate any help, both
PC's are debian based, one being debian testing and the other being
debian mint. Both PC are connected via ethernet

Tim