Re: [Hampshire] Linux on a G4 Mac Mini

Author: Benjie Gillam
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux on a G4 Mac Mini
Are you sure you burned the CD correctly - as an image and not just adding
the ISO to the disk (you can see by viewing it in another computer - there
should be lots of files - not just one)?

You could try booting the Mac into target disk mode and mounting it to
another computer over FireWire and installing it that way?

You might be able to install it under Mac directly, after partitioning, by
using a suitably advanced VM. I'm not sure what the old Macs support but
Parallels let's me run my Boot camp partition under OSX without having to
reboot (rebooting works too - very useful!)