Re: [Hampshire] Correction - was:Re: [OT] Southampton Hacker…

Author: Benjie Gillam
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Correction - was:Re: [OT] Southampton Hackerspace Survey
Hi Lisi,

Sorry, I meant to say "London, Reading and Brighton" (London being the largest, I believe) - the map image in the blog post (linked from the survey) clearly shows Reading, so this was just an accidental transcription error on my part.

As regards Surrey and Hampshire Hackspace - like Southackton they don't yet have an actual hackspace, they're a group of hackers/makers who meet frequently. Like them, we're trying to set up a permanent hackspace, but neither of us yet have one (at least, according to their wiki). I've not put Southackton in the list of closest hackerspaces to Southampton either, as we, also, are not yet a hackspace - the whole point of the survey!

We sourced our data from hackerspaces.org which is the go-to wiki for hackerspaces across the world.

http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/List_of_Hacker_Spaces

Cheers,

Benjie.