Re: [Hampshire] Backups with Amazon Glacier

Author: Anton Piatek
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Backups with Amazon Glacier
Can picasa store RAW photos? I have about 120G of RAW files to backup.
Flickr is great for displaying photos but is no way to store originals. I
have a similar problem for videos, though I have less of those right now.

I currently use a raided array at my house, and the same at my parent's
house as a backup strategy, but a new disk every few years is looking very
expensive compared to glacier...

Anton

-
Anton Piatek
email: anton@???
blog/photos: http://www.strangeparty.com
gpg: [74B1FA37] (http:// www.strangeparty.com/anton.asc)

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a
significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.