Re: [Hampshire] [off topic] OS/2

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [off topic] OS/2
** john lewis <zen57162@???> [2012-07-24 11:57]:
> OS/2 isn't dead and I have just received an email which started off:
>
> > In 2012 IBM OS/2 celebrated its 25th anniversary. Also in 2012 eCS
> > celebrated 10 years of being the only available IBM OS/2 upgrade.
> >
> > Hundreds of corporate IBM OS/2 users all over the world have become
> > our customers over the past 10 years. We allow IBM OS/2 users to run
> > existing programs on today's hardware. Many thousands of eCS R&D
> > hours annually keep on creating the perfect solution for today's
> > hardware for our customers.
>
> I only got this email because I'd expressed an interest several years
> ago in eComStation and am still in their database! They still do a
> "Home and Student" version it seems.
>
> I pretty sure I tried to install it but cannot remember how I got on
> and by then I'd got so used to using Debian that I now longer felt
> nostalgic enough to want run OS/2, so didn't continue the experiment.

** end quote [john lewis]

Yes, I got one of those too. Really not sure as I would ever actually use OS/2
again, but I wouldn't mind getting a copy of Warp 4 for the sake of nostalgia -
I've got the Merlin beta release still, but no the final version. I did
download an image of an ISO of a demo with the intention of running it in a VM
to see what eComStation was like, but I haven't got round to it.