Re: [Hampshire] Management of multiple gnome-terminal window…

Author: Imran Chaudhry
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Management of multiple gnome-terminal windows?
Thanks Tony, I forgot about Terminator and will look again.

Another idea could be to use virtual desktops with one desktop for each
terminal group.

I have a feeling that tiling window managers will also accomplish what I
want but this may be overkill for me. I am curious about them though - does
anyone here run XMonad or Awesome and have configured them to place their
terminal windows for efficiency?

On 12 July 2012 18:32, Tony Whitmore <tony@???> wrote:

> On 12/07/12 18:24, Imran Chaudhry wrote:
>
>> So there's a fair few coders and sysadmins among us here. What do you do
>> to manage multiple terminal windows open on a Gnome desktop?
>>

> I use terminator, which is based on Gnome terminal. It's ace. If I need
> to, I run multiple terminator sessions to allow grouping of activities.
>

> --
> Please post to: Hampshire@???

GPG Key fingerprint = B323 477E F6AB 4181 9C65 F637 BC5F 7FCC 9CC9 CC7F

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever.” - Indian political and spiritual leader Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)