[Hampshire] Management of multiple gnome-terminal windows?

Author: Imran Chaudhry
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Management of multiple gnome-terminal windows?
So there's a fair few coders and sysadmins among us here. What do you do to
manage multiple terminal windows open on a Gnome desktop?

I use Debian Squeeze with Gnome 2.x and often have ~10 gnome-terminal
windows open. About half will be running vim, the rest will be normal shell
or ssh sessions.

What I am after is some way to intelligently group them on the gnome-panel
or elsewhere. Maybe colour code them by "group" or purpose so I can quickly
access each one by sight. Right now the way I "group" them in the lower
gnome-panel is by manually keeping the vim terms on the right and others on
the left with gedit and Chrome between them as a "buffer". There must be a
better way to address this?

Can these help? I've earmarked a few desktop management tools that might
help but not got around to looking at them in any depth:
http://do.davebsd.com/ http://wiki.awn-project.org/

--
GPG Key fingerprint = B323 477E F6AB 4181 9C65 F637 BC5F 7FCC 9CC9 CC7F

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever.” - Indian political and spiritual leader Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)