Re: [Hampshire] My 2p on the GUI 'Wars'

Author: Ian
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] My 2p on the GUI 'Wars'
Xdm, gdm, kdm or just chucking an su -m user startx at boot with a nice .xinitrc to say which wm to use. So many ways for auto login.

hantslug@??? wrote:

On Wednesday 04 July 2012 18:14:08 Imran Chaudhry wrote:
> Log-in without password I found a hassle with Debian.

I set this up regularly for my husband, my granddaughter and myself. I have
never had a problem. (kdm, kdm-trinity, gdm with LXDE. also Lubuntu, but I
don't remember whether it was there by default or I set it.)

Lisi