Re: [Hampshire] Booting 3 distros.

Author: Clive Woodfine
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Booting 3 distros.
> I had a problem where grub2 on Ubuntu woudln't find Centos installed on a
> separate partition. It turned out that Centos used LVM for its disks, but I
> hadn't used that on Ubuntu. As soon as I installed the LVM libraries on the
> Ubuntu (apt-get install liblvm2app, as far as I can remember), grub found
> Centos.
>
> Simon

Thanks Simon. I have LVM2 installed though it does not include
liblvm2app, in fact that is not listed in Synaptic. If I run the
command lvdisplay the boot partition on the 2nd. drive shows up okay.

I ought be able to get to Grub on the 2nd. drive with chainloader but
have been unsuccessful.
--
Clive