Re: [Hampshire] Unity on Ubuntu 12.04 v. old Gnome/KDE on 10…

Author: pavithran
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Unity on Ubuntu 12.04 v. old Gnome/KDE on 10.04.x
On 3 July 2012 14:54, Chris Liddell <cjl@???> wrote:
> Having said that, as a developer on a moderately important piece of
> software for the Unix/Linux world, and being responsible for the
> releases of that software, my experience doesn't encourage me to believe
> there's much "listening" going on in the Ubuntu camp. When I contacted
> some members of the Ubuntu release committee last year (at the behest of
> the Ubuntu package maintainer), I didn't even receive an acknowledgement
> back - which I felt was pretty poor.

But I am very glad that here we have alan pope who is not just
listening but also trying to answer as well as taking feedback for the
future development of ubuntu .
@alan pope : Yes its a very long thread but personally I feel this
thread has one of the most important views / points on free desktop
and its feedback from the power user side . Hope the next release
would rock :D KDE4 took its time , hope so will unity .

Regards,
pavithran

--
pavithran sakamuri