Re: [Hampshire] Support for touchscreens

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Support for touchscreens
On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 22:34:11 +0100
hantslug@??? wrote:

> But a (much) bigger screen with large display items is better for
> those who are visually challenged, as are many of those with
> Alzheimers, because many of them are old.

I actually had an ipod in my hand for a few minutes today, first time
I'd ever beheld one in the flesh as it were, It belongs to one of my
daughters who got it for her birthday.

Lisi's comment about size and display was one of the things that struck
me at the time. The screen is about the size on my EeePC but is rather
nicer and some photos that were doing a slide show looked particularly
good but it is rather pricey to use as a picture frame.

I already knew I wouldn't like the sliding tapping style of interface
and I did think the icons a bit on the small size. At least with the OS
that was originally on the EeePC there were only a few large ones.

I had a very brief acquaintance with the ipod so this isn't even the
beginning of a real review but my first impression is that it is a
nice (expensive) toy but not really serious computing kit.

Oh!, yes, I only got a few minutes with it cos the battery died ;-(

--
John Lewis
Debian & the GeneWeb genealogical data server