[Hampshire] Acer Revo 3600 + Xubuntu 12.04 + Panasonic Viera…

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Acer Revo 3600 + Xubuntu 12.04 + Panasonic Viera 32" TV
Hi folks

On a whim I fired up the Revo 3600 (running 64-bit Xubuntu 12.04) today
and plugged it in to the HDMI socket of the LCD TV.

Up popped a lovely sharp 1920x1080 desktop with just one small snag -
the desktop appears to extend just under the bezel of the TV on all
edges, which means that you cannot quite see the XFCE panels (taskbars)
at the top and bottom of the screen, although guesswork allows you to
drop down the menu and go from there.

If I encountered this on a normal pc / monitor combination I would alter
the adjustments on the monitor to fine-tune the position of the desktop,
but as the TV seemed to auto-adjust itself to this setting I am guessing
that there is little that can be done about this, plus I am reluctant to
stuff it up for all of the other inputs which work just fine.

My pessimism aside though, if anyone has any thoughts on how I might
adjust the desktop in a little, please feel free to share them!

Cheers,

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk