Re: [Hampshire] The Cookie Law

Author: Full Circle Podcast
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] The Cookie Law
I liked author Charles Stross' take on the whole thing:
http://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-static/2012/05/implied-consent.html

"Implied consent: if you use this blog and attempt to post comments, or are
an active moderator or guest blogger, you are presumed to have given
consent to the use of cookies for those purposes (and only those).

This has been a public service announcement made necessary by some damn'
fool European Commission directive that confused a goal (securing web
users' privacy) with a technology (cookies). Film at eleven.

We now return you to your usual viewing."

RC

On 27 May 2012 22:16, Tony Whitmore <tony@???> wrote:

> On 27/05/12 08:37, Tim B - Mobile wrote:
> > And the chance of the ICO going after Microsoft is what exactly? More
> likely they'll go after Facebook because it enables free speech. Oh sorry,
> doesn't declare it's cookies.
> >
> > Looks like we'll all have to add a disclaimer...
> >
> > Caution. This site uses the following session cookies after you log in.
> <15 pages of explanation>. If you don't wish to accept these cookies then
> please don't log in. Find another site elsewhere.
>
> Not quite 15 pages, but here's the list of cookies I've found on my site:
>
> http://tonywhitmore.co.uk/blog/privacy/
>
> As I mentioned, I can't be 100% sure I've got them all though!
>
> --
> Please post to: Hampshire@???

Rgds
RC