Re: [Hampshire] Recommendation please - Big NAS

Author: Tim Brocklehurst
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Recommendation please - Big NAS
With two drives you can double your storage, but halve you MTBF (mean tme
between failure), or effectively double your MTBF for the original capacity
(RAID 0 vs RAID1). LVM across two disks has essentially the same problem as
RAID0 in this case.

I would seriously think about 3 drives and RAID 5, which will give you
sufficient capacity with a degree of redundancy, all mounted at a single mount-
point.

Tim B.