Re: [Hampshire] Trackballs

Author: Paul Stimpson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Trackballs
Hi

We have the Logitech finger operated ones at work and I like the quality and feel. http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/peripherals/miceandtrackballs/910-000808.html

I've tried the thumb operated ones before but I always found them very hard on the thumb joints and difficult to get precise positioning.

I think Logitech may also do hand held gyro mice that tug move in your hand rather than mousing on a surface.

Cheers,
Paul.

Paul Tansom <paul@???> wrote:

Does anyone have any experience of good or otherwise trackballs? I'm
considering getting one due to some pain in my right elbow but the choice seems
more limited that it used to be. I have some old PS/2 ones, but they don't work
over USB and were quite basic anyway. Microsoft don't seem to do them anymore,
unless I'm looking at the wrong suppliers.

In particular, does anyone have any comments on the thumb controlled versus
finger controlled ones? I have had a perference for finger controlled, but the
thumb ones seem more common and give the added bonus of scroll wheels and
better positioned buttons.

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: