[Hampshire] Defective laptop

Author: Jon Wilks
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Defective laptop
I have an Acer 8730ZG laptop that is about 2 years old but is no longer
working and I am after some ideas as to what to do with it as it is not
economic to repair it. It is basically dead (power light goes on when
plugged in but pressing power switch does nothing). I have had 2 repair
shops look at it and the first (Comet repairs) wanted to swap out the
mother board at a cost of about £300 and the second (laptoprepair.co.uk)
say that the motherboard is beyond repair.

It seems a shame to just take it down the dump. Any ideas?

Jonny.

--
Jon Wilks
(H) 01489 786612

PGP key 0xFA593C1A from hkp://wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net