Re: [Hampshire] HP ProCurve switch, VLAN configuration.

Author: James Courtier-Dutton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] HP ProCurve switch, VLAN configuration.
On 20 December 2011 14:17, Steven Swann <swannonline@???> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Does anybody here have any experience in setting up VLANs on a HP ProCurve
> switch? I am able to set up three different VLANs, one for internet, one for
> users and one for development. The problem is that I want to allow both the
> users and developers access to the internet VLAN since this is connected to
> the ISP router.
>
> I have the core of it set up as required, the problem seems to be the
> routing between VLANs...
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Steven Swann

I don't think they can do what you want.
Give a link to an online manual for your particular switch and I could
answer with 100% functionallity.

The feature you need is a "firewall" feature, or access control lists.
Routing and Switching will not help you.

So, you start by having everyone able to ping each other, and then you
add packet filters.