Re: [Hampshire] Help, please! Databases and computer archite…

Author: Victor Churchill
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Help, please! Databases and computer architecture.
It's not completely clear which way to parse "books on database
development and computer architecture" - I'm not sure how likely you
would be to find good books covering both.

I was going to suggest a classic(*) but went to its web site and
decided on reflection it's not really quite either of the above; it's
more to do with algorithms and abstraction. (And its examples are in
LISP...)

Hsrd to think of where to go for 'database development' that's not
specific to particular database impleentations. Is your grandson going
to be using a partcular database for practical exercises?

(*) (http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/)

p.s. oops, sorry. Not sure what happened with that previous msg.

--
best regards,

Victor Churchill,
Bournemouth