Re: [Hampshire] Gnome 3

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Gnome 3
I logged out and restarted with gnome 3,

First impressions - UGH!

lots of silly things don't work, the DEL key for example, whilst
writing this email I can only use backspace to delete a character.
but Del on the numeric pad works so I'll have to remember to use that
instead. BUT WHY????

I have managed to get my main apps running in separate workspaces and
can switch between workspaces with CTRL-ALT-up arrow or CTRL-ALT down
arrow but there seems to be no way to change that in systems settings.
I want to use 'windows key <- or ->' as I have done for years but
unlike the previous version of gnome I cannot change it.

The windows key is used but for different things. Whilst writing this
email pressing the WinK show me two views onto my email app and allows
access to the right hand pane (work place viewer or whatever it is
called)

I guess I can get used to the changes but I'm not a happy bunny ;-(

--
John Lewis
using Debian sid