[Hampshire] [OT] In memory of Steve Jobs

Top Page
Author: Damian L Brasher
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] In memory of Steve Jobs

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57ed5100.hantslug.org.uk.32376': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Oct 9 16:38:36 2011 BST
gpg: using RSA key E5B6AC918A7E551C
Dear Macintosh

Thank you for some fun, a few years ago, playing with a Mac Mini for a
few months until it found a more appreciative home.

I have no connection to the design, performance or culture value of
Macintosh products. The sustainability reality of such a market driver,
remains to be seen in the new economy. The aesthetic component value,
for me, can be achieved with photographs or paintings.

I feel locally connected to people suffering very real health problems;
family, friends and community. I can't connect to an abstract being in
the same way. Aspirational ownership is not for everyone and not the
only market driver, as we have seen with the steady growth of Linux on
the desktop and explosion in the hosting and embedded market
environments.

Your hardware is overpriced and most people bought out of vanity. So
many individuals, projects and businesses will suffer due to over
indulgence the past few years. The interest re-payments alone will long
out-last the kit. My 5 1/2 year old Dell casing is as dull as it was 6
years ago, no duller.

I am guilty of over indulging in cake. My doctor has reeled me in and I
have lost well over a stone and have started exercising more regularly.
This was partly due to long hours coding more lines than I ought to have
done. But I have slowed down now. I have also cut out cheese, butter and
chocolate.

Good luck - and I hope you replace your figure head soon, otherwise you
will lose business.

Kind Regards

Damian L Brasher

--
Interlinux Engineering Foundation http://www.interlinux.org.uk

Central, non-trading, administration, governance and dissemination of
foundation intellectual property and know-how.

GPG 8A7E551C