Re: [Hampshire] Computer-Related Charitable Work

Author: Tony Wood
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Computer-Related Charitable Work

Would you count volunteer webmaster for a heritage steam railway
(registered charity) from ab initio in 1999 until July 2009?

The site I ran (now archived) peaked at 10 million hits (10,000 pages) a
month in March 2009, but more normally had reached about 8 million hits
(8500 pages) a month in the last year of my involvement.

    http://archive.watercressline.co.uk/tw/archive.htm
    http://archive.watercressline.co.uk/locoshed/movies.htm
    http://archive.watercressline.co.uk/tw/yetmor54.htm

All coded very simply for speed because in the early days computers and
dial-up were not very quick!

MHR website is now modern, whizzy and NOT MY FAULT.       d:-)

Tony Wood
(from Linux PC)