Re: [Hampshire] Computer-Related Charitable Work

Author: Jacqui Caren-home
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
New-Topics: Re: [Hampshire] Easy to use CMS ? (was:Computer-Related Charitable Work)
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Computer-Related Charitable Work
On 23/06/2011 11:54, Chris Dennis wrote:
> On 23/06/11 09:26, Peter Andrijeczko wrote:
>> Does anyone on the list get involved with any charity work related to
>> computers?

Yes. I do work for some dog rescues when I have some free time.

>> I have a few hours a week I could spare, want to do something rewarding,
>> and since computers are my skill, was looking at doing something where
>> those skills are useful - for example, PC recycling for computers sent
>> to Africa, or getting old people online and giving them some basic tuition.

A lot of the smaller rescues get ripped off by IT/WSP providers who see them as
easy marks. A lot of dog rescues still have static web sites but could really
use a simple to use CMS. Another friend who is non technical is getting involved
in re-branding rescue web sites in order to build up a portfolio of design work.

Even somethign as simple as configuring email and doing a bit of smartphone
shortcut training/config can help so much.

Jacqui