Re: [Hampshire] Asus EeePad Transformer

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Asus EeePad Transformer
Chris Dennis <cgdennis@???> wrote:
> Hello Luggers
>
> Has anyone formed an opinion of this device?:

As Tony said, two were demoed at the meeting today. Part of
the 4 way Fring video chat we tried involved mine running off
the wireless hotspot on my phone.

I'm very happy with mine, and my colleague at work who also
has one likes his as well. A recent upgrade took them to
Android 3.1 btw.

They seem to be hard to get hold of, but I eventually got mine
in Comet a few weeks ago.

However, as per the discussion today, just because it has a
keyboard doesn't make it a 'netbook'. It's a phone OS running
on a tablet that just happens to have a keyboard. If you're
after a full featured laptop replacement, this is not it.

--
Be seeing you,
Sam.