[Hampshire] FW: Kindle in Linux Ubuntu

Author: Mike Austin
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] FW: Kindle in Linux Ubuntu
I do not own or intend to buy a Kindle. However, there is a certain
attraction to the use of some e-books. I particularly wanted a book on
music which contains many links to the pieces of music/opera referred to in
the book.

As you probably know, there is currently no Kindle application for Linux,
other than Android.

Using Crossover WINE I have Kindle PC for Windows working on my Asus
Netbook, Desktop and Macbook Pro, all running Ubuntu 11.04. My Macbook Pro
has a non reflective, backlit screen (and keyboard) making reading text very
easy, even without my reading glasses.

Mike