Re: [Hampshire] Gnome 3

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Gnome 3
On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 10:20:12 +0100
Hugo Mills <hugo@???> wrote:

> > the fedora version also failed to load the gnome 3 environment and I
> > even get the same message trying to install it into VirtualBox on
> > my main system which has AMD AM2 X2 5000 nVidia MCP61 Motherboard
> > with a Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 3450 256MB GDDR2 DVI/HDMI PCI-Express
> > video card purchased 18 months ago.

>    Running it in a VM will lose you all of the graphics acceleration
> from the main machine -- you're effectively running it on a machine
> with no 3D graphic card (which is, I guess, what it's complaining
> about).

I did adjust the settings to allow 3D acceleration which supposedly
allows access to the '3D graphics capabilities available on the
host'

So guess it will have to wait until gnome3 migrates into sid and then
if I don't like it will have to try something else, perhaps xfce4 ;-)

--
John Lewis
using Debian sid