Re: [Hampshire] [IMPORTANT] Networking for this weekend's Br…

Author: Vic
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [IMPORTANT] Networking for this weekend's Bring a Box meeting

> I've noticed that veto of discourse is a tradition peculiar to this
> isle.

There is no such "veto of discourse".

There are, however, a number of us who consider your posts to be less than
helpful, and who would be especially pleased were you not to post further.

> I, conversely, consider my post to be fair-comment.

I, conversely, consider your post to be the work of an arse. I am sure I
am not alone.

> Perhaps this is a sycophantic community

No, it isn't.

It is, however, appreciative of the amount of effort one volunteer is
putting into getting us a meeting place for free. There is no way that
your post could possibly aid that endeavour; it could - likely, would -
discourage that volunteer to the extent that he will think twice about
helping us out in future. This is not helpful - to anyone.

> I don't know yet, however I
> think it's in the community interest that people feel free to speak
> their minds.

Yes, everyone should feel free to speak their minds. But they should also
expect a backlash when their mind is full of nothing but spite. Your post
was excessively rude, and I, for one, would like to see the back of you as
a result.

> As a taxpayer, asymmetric taxpayer, in so far as I pay a lot and receive
> very little in return - I believe I have every right to criticize
> bureaucratic inefficiency.

You spoke of "tax dollars". Are you a UK tax payer? If not, you have no
such right whatsoever. If you are a UK taxpayer, you have every right to
realise that the support we are currently getting from the University is
all volunteer-based, and thus nothing to do with taxes.

> If you (or someone you can influence) runs the list, and you (or they)
> don't like my opinions, feel free to unsubscribe me.

You are free to unsubscribe yourself. I really, really hope you will
exercise that freedom.

Vic.