Re: [Hampshire] External Drive Permissions.

Author: Mike Burrows
To: adam.trickett, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] External Drive Permissions.

> I think the mount options are typically "user,noauto" so it doesn't auto mount
> until requested but when it is requested the user who mounts it owns it and
> can mount/umount it in the first place.
>
> On a modern Debian system with a full-fat desktop I think this is
> automatically taken care for you.

Reading some of the bumph, it looks like one has a choice between auto
and noauto and so as I am using the external hhd as a samba share for
windows clients on the network. If a device is set to mount auto at
boot, dose that mean it will always mount as root even if you
subsequently un-mount it and remount as non root?

Cheers for the guidance so far.

Mike