Re: [Hampshire] Suggestion for low-power file server to run …

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Suggestion for low-power file server to run at home
On 12/03/11 17:54, Andy Smith wrote:
> I've bought one of these too (but it's still in its box). It sounds
> much more suitable for the task at hand; while you *can* attach USB
> storage to little things like GuruPlugs, I can't really think of
> that as a file server.
>
> I prefer my data to be on RAID filesystems on something much closer
> to a real server, and the microserver fits the bill nicely.

I have to say that at that price, or even the full price, I couldn't
agree more.

Having done the whole NSLU2 thing with USB-attached hard drives, I was a
lot more comfortable to get back to a mini-itx machine.

I only wish I had £100 to spare!

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk