Re: [Hampshire] OCR recognition

Author: Peter Brooks
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OCR recognition
Hi all,
Just hijacking the other topic a little bit, the company I work for
receives a lot of parcels for students from different couriers.
We're looking to source a supplier for hardware & software to read
address details from parcels and output that information into our own
software.

I've been trying to get information out of couriers but typically get
passed from one department to another and ultimately they are unable
to help.

Just to clarify, this is for receiving parcels and not posting them out.

One suggestion from a courier today was to "Contact every organisation
that send you parcels and get the information from them". Students buy
a lot of stuff from many many different organisations.

We're a mini Amazon/Play depot. Commercial solutions welcome.

Cheers!