Re: [Hampshire] [sort-of-OT] Advice for (geeky) broadband pr…

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [sort-of-OT] Advice for (geeky) broadband provider
On Wednesday 12 January 2011 18:19:11 Robin Wilson wrote:
> Any other particular suggestions? Doesn't necessarily have to be a hugely
> geeky supplier, but just one that is reliable, and preferably unlimited
> downloads.

I have been with Zen since our exchange was first enabled. They have been
great. Very reliable, and my connection syncs at 8128 up on an up to 8 Meg
line. And they think that running Linux is a reasonable thing to do!

There is a download limit (no upload limit), currently I think 25GB. But it
is possible to buy extra for what is generally a reasonable price. They also
do not let you go over by mistake. You get 3 warnings at various points,
including 90%, and if you have not bought any extra they just park you. If
you then do want to go over you can buy extra bandwidth at that point, and
they will unpark you. Extra bandwidth can be carried over, the monthly
allowance cannot.

I have also had good experiences of Newnet on other peoples lines.

Lisi