Re: [Hampshire] Anyone know much about IPv6 tunnels?

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Anyone know much about IPv6 tunnels?

>> Have you firewalled it? Don't forget that the tunnel comes through
>> IPv4 so you'll need to allow it through your IPv4 firewall.
>
> In particular, allow in IP proto-41 (6in4), that had me stumped for a
> while.

Well, all my firewalls are currently turned off - nothing on the router,
nothing on the machine I'm trying to use to create the tunnel.

What I don't know is whether or not the router is actually passing
proto-41 packets; I'm seeing nothing whatsoever on the Wireshark trace for
the IPv4 address I'm trying to contact, but I am seeing the tunnel info
being acquired successfully, so I'm doing something wrong with Wireshark.

I'm running a Draytek Vigor. I've seen those do strange things when the
world doesn't suit them. I'll have to see if anyone else has had success
with that router...

Vic.