Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Server and Wordpress

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Server and Wordpress
On 01/12/10 17:46, Tim wrote:
> I have a web server running Ubuntu LTS 10.04, I want to install wordpress on the
> server and noticed that there is a version ooof wordpress in the ubuntu
> software centre. This version is a couple of version behind the current (and
> ubuntu don't offer updates for wordpress)
>
> The question is has anybody installed wordpress from ubuntu and then upgraded it
> with the wordpress updates, any problems??

Without being able to offer up a sound reason I'd say go with one or
the other, but don't mix and match.

The upgrade system within Wordpress makes it pretty trivial to keep up
with the latest release of the app and its plugins.

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk