Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Server and Wordpress

Author: Benjie Gillam
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu Server and Wordpress
Personally, I'd install it straight from Wordpress. I see no advantage to
installing it from the Ubuntu repository, and when you later update your
Ubuntu to the next LTS I would guess that it's likely to corrupt your
Wordpress install with a different version to what you're running, or leave
around security vulnerabilities that Wordpress' own updater would have
deleted.

Keep in mind that you need to update Wordpress very often as there's new
security holes found in it very frequently :(

Installing Wordpress is pretty easy - just follow these instructions:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress#Famous_5-Minute_Install

<http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress#Famous_5-Minute_Install>If
you need any help with Wordpress just shoot me an email, I've done a lot of
professional Wordpress and Wordpress MU installs

Cheers,

Benjie.