Re: [Hampshire] Something to Download and Enjoy

Author: Daniel Llewellyn
To: stephen.davies, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Something to Download and Enjoy
On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 17:28, Stephen Davies
<stephen.davies@???> wrote:
> Ouch,
>  I'm truly sorry for opening such a hornets nest by using what I thought was
> the correct term GNU/Linux.
>
> Ok, I've given myself a slap on the wrist and spent half an hour on the
> naughty step.
>
> Come on guys/gals, lighten up please.
> The work that PJ and the hundreds if not thousands of  Groklawians have done
> since 2003 to stop the likes of SCO is surely to be celebrated and not an
> excuse for slagging each other off.
> The replies to this thread are enought to send any possible Linux (using the
> general term here) converts back to the Dark Side (Windows)
>
> This has made me decide to stop and think again before posting anything else
> that mentions the 'L' word. It is just not worth it.

just to counter that: I've been running OS X and an iPhone for the
past 8 months, and am now, since watching the stallman video posted
earlier going way off the deep-end and installing the entirely libre
gNewSense distro on my MacBook; and have reverted to using the
partially libre Android-based HTC Magic phone. I now need to find a
completely libre phone akin to the openmoko but with 3g capability
(I've not checked openmoko's progress recently so they may already
have the option).

Yeah, I worship at the altar of Saint Stallman.

--
Regards,
    The Honeymonster aka Daniel Llewellyn