Re: [Hampshire] Budgetone SIP phones

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Budgetone SIP phones
** Jan Henkins <jan@???> [2010-10-12 15:09]:
> > Firmware upgrade I'm working on at the moment. It doesn't seem to want to
> > play
> > ball with my tftp-hpa server, although I've not worked out which end the
> > problem is yet! The firmware is pretty old (Program-- 1.1.6.27
> > Bootloader--
> > 1.1.6.5). I'll have a play with the codecs too. I don't think iLBC is
> > supported
> > by my provider, but I could change that once I get an Asterisk box up and
> > running - just need a little spare time to build and configure a new
> > server!!
>
> This goes back years, so I'm battling to remember specifics about the TFTP
> server I used, etc. I can remember that the Grandstreams are really
> pernickety how they want to be "addressed" via TFTP ("Yes" and "Please
> Sir" didn't quite do it). Still, getting that firmware updated should be
> your priority. Don't be scared to play about with different TFTP servers,
> since I had to chop and change until I found one which worked.
> Incidentally that is also the only way you can change ringtones (that's
> via TFTP). I trawled the Voip-info WIKI to find all my solutions. Check
> here for some possible answers:
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+phone+grandstream+budgetone

** end quote [Jan Henkins]

I really can't think why I didn't try this first time round, but there's an
http option as well as the tftp one (actually, with the default config to the
Grandstream servers that's what is used, but sadly they don't have firmware
hosted there anymore). Once I put the files on my local web server it worked
(well the Program is now at 1.2.4.3, but the Bootloader is still at 1.1.6.9).
So, firmware largely done and no change :(

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: