Re: [Hampshire] [Way OT] PVR recommendations

Author: Hants Lug
To: hampshire@mailman lug org uk
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Way OT] PVR recommendations

 Hi Rob
-----Original message-----
From: Rob Malpass <linux@???>
Sent: Wed 06-10-2010 19:17
To: 'Hampshire LUG Discussion List' <hampshire@???>;
Subject: [Hampshire] [Way OT] PVR recommendations

Hi all

First post for a while so sorry it's so OT...

I've had a Freeview PVR for a few years now - it mainly records stuff off the radio - and it does a good job.   The problem is that it doesn't have an ethernet connection and with iplayer now very convenient, I'm very much thinking of dropping Virginmedia.

So I want a PVR which can:

* Provide iplayer via ethernet

* Record from a radio station via epg and series link.

About two years ago we tried a Topfield for the similar reasons. It was unrelaible and kept crashing even after software updates so we gave up on it and now use a Humax, which does not have additional conectivity features.

Damian