Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Man jailed over computer password refus…

Top Page
Author: Brad Rogers
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Man jailed over computer password refusal

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57eb6100.hantslug.org.uk.15028': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Oct 6 19:54:50 2010 BST
gpg: using RSA key 4BC36C6C174D31C1
On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 17:39:32 +0100
Mark Johnson <mark@???> wrote:

Hello Mark,

> Try getting caught on a speed camera[1] and being asked to confirm who
> was driving your car, then you'll see if you've got the right to
> remain silent. Sad, but true.

A lot of legal wrangling goes on over this sort of issue(0). That is, the
presumption of innocence, and whether it was right to waive it.

Obviously, in this, and several other cases, it was deemed appropriate
to do so.

(0) My other half works within the legal profession, so I get to hear
about some of the goings-on.

--
 Regards  _
An old custom to sell your daughter