Re: [Hampshire] [OT] on the scrounge: older motherboard

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] on the scrounge: older motherboard
On Thursday 16 September 2010 14:27:37 Paul Tansom wrote:
> ** Lisi <hantslug@???> [2010-09-16 12:38]:
> > Does anyone happen to have an Intel D815EEA motherboard or similar
> > vintage and size, ideally with processor and memory? If so, may I buy,
> > beg or steal it? (There wouldn't be much point in borrowing it.)
> >
> > Or a whole spare box, of course. ;-)
>
> ** end quote [Lisi]
>
> I'll check my box of bits, I think I might do (although I'll have to check
> the spec of the board you've got to be sure). I should also have a spare
> PSU if that turns out to be the problem.

Thanks, Paul, that would be great. And I hadn't thiught of the PSU, but that
could obviously be implicated. I have a PC/SPS tester. This might be the
time ot christen it.

Vic has also offered in the other thread I started. I won't, obviously, need
two - but one would be great!

> The keyboard is working fine by the way, I'm typing on it at the moment to
> give it a good workout before it meets the rest of my dad's new PC ;)

Oh, good :-) glad it made the diversion almost worth it from oyur point of
view!

Lisi