Re: [Hampshire] FW: Missing xorg.conf

Author: Rob Malpass
To: 'Hampshire LUG Discussion List'
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] FW: Missing xorg.conf
From: hampshire-bounces@??? [mailto:hampshire-bounces@mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of Russell Morris
Sent: 05 September 2010 20:55
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List

Hi again!

What resolution do you desire? If you let me know what make/model monitor you have, the offer is still there for me to knock up an xorg.conf that 'should' work.

Russell.

Thanks Russell

I'm afraid I can't tell you much about my monitor - other than it's a 32" LCD TV made by Samsung - the only model number I can find anywhere is on the remote and it's bn59-00454. 1024x768 is the highest resolution (and my preferred) I've ever had it running in. Rather annoyingly - it is very quick to switch to standby and slow to come back up - but it has been very reliable with Windows in 1024x768 with nvidia graphics cards. I just feel such a berk for changing a working xorg.conf!

Thanks in advance as ever

Cheers

Rob