Re: [Hampshire] Virgin media: good and bad

Author: Jacqui Caren-home
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Virgin media: good and bad
Jan Henkins wrote:
> Wow, those are good figures! I don't come even close, but then again I
> spend about 1 hour per year twiddling with spamassassin. With that amount
> of effort you cannot expect much! :-) Still, I get a 90% + rejection,
> which I think is great under the circumstances (great result versus effort
> ratio, you gotta love FLOSS!).

Jan, have a look at assp - very lightweight easy to configure - after a good
RTFM session. Work gets maybe 30K emails with only ~20 emails in that lot
that should be let through.

At work we let assp whitelist anyone we mail out to and block almost everyone
else (apart from known mailing lists etc).

One word of warning - DO NOT use clamd.

clamd's features are nice in principle but far too many MSP's seem to have
only PFY's who simply switch everything on and "hope for the best".
My postfix mailserver has a 4 day timeout and a number of US and UK MSP's are
hitting this limit due to greylisting.

Rant over.

Jacqui