Re: [Hampshire] Virgin media: good and bad

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Virgin media: good and bad

> This email is sent via virgin - using the *old* connection details and
> the supposedly secure new ones do not yet work (for me).

Nevertheless, if Outlook can connect when given the credentials manually,
but not do it automatically, then it is an Outlook problem. That might be
exacerbated by Virgin being the proverbial chocolate teapot, but the core
cause is Outlook failing to handlecredentials properly.

> route add -net default gw ..... eth0 (DSL line)
> route add -host smtp.ntlworld.com gw ..... eth1 (virgin gateway)
>
> but this only helps me if BT could be bothered to get the business DSL
> line working.

BT are the only ISP with whom I have more trouble than Virgin...

Vic.