Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Letter to investors

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Letter to investors
Chris Aitken wrote:
> On 22 July 2010 14:02, Sean Gibbins <sean@???> wrote:
>
>> On 22/07/10 13:26, Damian Brasher wrote:
>>
>>> We are a small company that has designed and built an Open Source
>>> long-term archive system for education, currently in beta2. DIASER -
>>> Distributed Internet Archive System for Educational Repositories. To
>>> continue we need further investment sponsorship. Somewhere in the region
>>> of UKP 30-100K. Interlinux Ltd collaborated with the University of
>>> Southampton during the alpha-dev phase.
>>>

>> Hi Damian,
>>
>> First up, I know little or nothing about investment!
>>
>> However, it occurred to me that asking for between 30-100K sends a message
>> that you don't really know how much you need, i.e. there is no hard and
>> fast
>> business plan. Surely it would be better to ascertain more precisely how
>> much is needed to get you where you want to be and then ask for it, rather
>> than ask an amount that might convey to potential investors that you are a
>> little vague on this?
>>
>> Sean
>>

> What Sean said.
> Ask yourself the following questions:
> 1. Where are we now ?
> 2. Where do we want to be in X days/months/years?
> 3. How are we going to get there?

Thank you form your suggestions.

We want to complete the ROADMAP - project burn down. The rest will stem and
branch out from there. Some marketing money will also help as well as public
liability insurance. It is not complex. See response to Sean Gibbins.

-- Damian

--
http://interlinux.co.uk - Interlinux Services

DIASER RoadMap http://bit.ly/1Vtdp5

--
This message has been scanned by MailScanner.