Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Conference Audio Recording

Author: Jan Henkins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Conference Audio Recording
Hello Philip,

On Mon, July 19, 2010 10:29, Philip Stubbs wrote:
> The next one will not be transmitted via FM, so I am looking at how
> best to do it. My first thought is something like a Zoom H2
> http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/h2/

How about this one?

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Zoom-H1~ID~13779.asp

I've had some play-time with the Zoom H4n, and after that I'm a great fan
of their products. Very high quality at what is IMHO a reasonable price.
Still, the H2 is approx £148, whereas the H1 is £90, slightly more
expensive than pro-grade dictaphones (good models between £50-£100). The
H1 also has external mic inputs if you need to cover an even wider area.
The feeling I get about these two products is that the H2 is more of a
studio-style product, whereas the H1 is pitched more towards the
high-quality journalism area. Hmm... I think I will be getting myself the
H1 as a Christmas-present-to-self! :-) The price is so low that even my
wife won't complain too much...

> If the facility also has an induction loop, I could probably connect
> one of these
> http://www.inta-audio.com/pa-live-sound-c88/induction-loop-systems-c243/adastra-adastra-induction-loop-receiver-with-belt-clip-p3066

Now there's a good idea!

--