[Hampshire] Lucid network manager

Author: Rob Malpass
To: 'Hampshire LUG Discussion List'
Subject: [Hampshire] Lucid network manager
Hi all

As usual, I must have missed something obvious but, running Lucid - I can't
make any changes to my networking. Clicking on network connections from
the system->preferences menu, it brings up something (which I think is)
called network-connection-editor - but under the wired tab - I get no
entries. I've tried running this as sudo from the command line - but again
- nothing.

The reason I need to fiddle is the internet connection I'm using is, for
some reason, painfully slow at the moment so my first thought was to run
everything through my ADSL router to see if it was a cable problem. To do
so, I need to change my gateway - but I can't get at it and don't really
want to faff around with /etc/network/interfaces etc.

I must have missed something obvious but I can' t see what.

Thanks in advance as ever.

Cheers

Rob